One More View

I have been molding chicken wire and shaping clumps of grass for weeks--and it feels strange now that the end is actually in sight for construction of the nocturnal diorama. Creating this night scene has been a long, and frankly, tiring process. And after looking at the evolving diorama from the same vantage point nearly every day, this afternoon I finally crawled underneath to appease my own curiosity. How has the scene shaped up from below? 


Soon I hope to see children and limber adults entering the crawl tunnel to enjoy one more view. If feeling adventurous, they'll be able to wriggle up into an enclosed dome which pops up right in the middle of the diorama. New stories will take shape from that point--from a close up of plants and animals to hidden prey. Creating that opportunity for others has been a driving force behind my efforts.