Fate of a Bobcat

I vividly remember the moment a lifeless bobcat arrived at the Museum over a year ago. It was on a blustery November afternoon, and earlier I had taken a phone call from the distraught couple who had found her body on a state highway. I of course agreed to salvage the bobcat's remains and then waited rather impatiently for them to drive her to the Museum in the back of their pickup truck.

Before placing her on hold for taxidermy in our salvage freezer, I spent a moment
holding the paw of the recently deceased bobcat.

Approaching the truck bed once the group arrived, my eyes fell on the bobcat who was actually in quite good shape for having met a vehicle. Beautiful and distinct patterns spread across her clean coat. I picked up her body, which was heavy and still held some warmth, and carried her into the building. Since that day, I continue to carry the memory of that encounter in my humbled mind.

A few cosmetic additions will be made to the mount base before
I formally display the finished bobcat. Enjoy this sneak peak!

I'm not the only one who will feel the impact of meeting that bobcat. Although it's been a long time coming, she was recently prepared for display and soon will be available for others to observe first-hand. We're quite happy with how she's been given a second life and are eager for our visitors to share an encounter with this stunning feline.