Thankful

I might not have had much time at all to spend with our collections this week. From recouping after a successful benefit event full of joy and beautiful views of the Cable countryside, to hosting the last fascinating lecture of our summer series, and even tromping through the Lake Owen forests to share some edible plants with a spitfire group, I've had much more on my mind than only the specimens. But even while I haven't felt like the most diligent Curator, our birds, plants, and rocks have been in good hands. 

A Baltimore Oriole, having living in our salvage freezer
for some time, has been released thanks to the help
of my dedicated volunteer, Al. 
Having started some volunteers and staff on collections work this summer, I've felt a great sense of relief in knowing that I don't have to be the only one with  the specimens in mind. I simply want to thank all of my helpers who have not only been committed to assisting me, but who have also brought in their own skill sets and knowledge which has benefited my expertise as well. It's nice to know that if I need taxidermy done on an oriole, or plants mounted to sheets, I don't have to look far at all to have that done.